Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mike Nichols Gets His First Turkey, With a Little Help


Mike Hayes and I went to game lands one Saturday looking to get a turkey. It was a cool crisp morning and as the sun came up we heard a gobble off in the distance. After a mad dash to get set up on the bird we found out someone else was working that same bird. So we left to try another spot. We found a nice spot on the end of a road between two fields, so we set some decoys and waited. Hayes claimed I had dozed off, not true just checking the back of my eyelids for cracks. When out of nowhere two gobblers came beside us and made a bee line for the decoys. Hayes is saying shoot! shoot! I drew my gun pulled the trigger .... Nothing , had the safety on. Tried again and bam there he is. What a blessing it was to have this experience with a long time friend and most of all a brother in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment